Really nice this, long awaited…
Add shortcuts straight to your external website, to your portal, your teamsite of choice or project-web portal, now all in the Office 365 admin GUI, no hazzle.
Follow these simple steps:
1. Go to the Office 365 admin portal (https://portal.office.com/admin/default.aspx)
2. In the top left corner, click on your organization name link.
3. Next, select option no.3 – Custom tiles.
4. Click on the rather large plus sign to create a custom tile. Add a Name, URL, Description and a image URL (Pre-uploaded to a SharePoint asset lib?)
5. Repeat until you have your tiles.
6. Allow some delay for timer jobs to run, things to happen in the background, this may take a while.
7. Go to your App launcher, My Apps.
8. Your custom tiles will be located at the bottom of the list.
9. Click on the ‘dots’ and select ‘Pin to launcher’ – this will make them show up in your personal App Launcher.
Pretty good huh?
References and Credits
Only me this time…I actually found this one out all by myself! Never seen it in the Office blogs, never looked for it either.
Credits & many thanks to
My team, my collegues and all of you!!