Remove a Authentication provider from a Web Application
Remove/Delete a Authentication provider from a Web Application…this can feel a bit tricky…not very intuative at all…
If you find yourself having more than one Authentication provider on your Web application, then you have(remember doing it or not) extended the Web Application and added a different Authentication provider for this particular extension. To remove it, remove the extension…
But…I cant even see my extended Web Application, you think…no, you cant, unless you do the following:
– In ‘Central Administration’ – ‘Manage Web Applications’, select your Web Application(default ‘SharePoint – 80’)
– Click on the Delete dropdown Arrow in the ribbon.
– Click ‘Remove SharePoint from IIS Web Site.’
– In the ‘Remove SharePoint from IIS Web Site.’ dialog select the extended Web Application in the drop down(example: SharePoint – 443)
– Delete IIS Web Site Yes/No, usually you would want to delete it as well, so click yes.
– Click Ok.
– Do an iisreset /noforce on all SharePoint Web Servers when done.