Home > Office 365, SharePoint, SharePoint 15, SharePoint 2013, SharePoint Online > SharePoint 2013 Browser compatibility lists

SharePoint 2013 Browser compatibility lists

SiteIcon2013

Browser support in the preview of SharePoint 2013 has been listed on TechNet, it’s not really any changes that stands out from 2010’s compatibility list.
For reference, see these links:
Plan browser support in SharePoint 2013 Preview
Supported mobile device browsers in SharePoint 2013 Preview

(Everything obviously can be subject to change come RTM, since this is the list for the Preview.)

_________________________________________________________
PC Browsers

Browser                     Supported                     Supported with limitations                     Not supported
Internet Explorer 9 32-bit 64-bit
Internet Explorer 8 32-bit 64-bit
Internet Explorer 7 X
Internet Explorer 6 X
Google Chrome (latest public release version) X
Mozilla Firefox (latest public release version) X
Apple Safari (latest public release version) X

_________________________________________________________

Mobile Browsers

Mobile device operating system                 Operating system version                 Browser                 Smartphone device                 Slate or tablet device
Windows Phone Windows Phone 7.5 or later versions Internet Explorer Mobile Supported Not applicable
Windows Windows 7 or later versions Internet Explorer Not applicable Supported
iOS 5.0 or later versions Safari Supported Supported

ImportantImportant:
                  Office Web Apps Preview is supported only on Apple iOS 5.0 or later versions on the Apple iPad (versions 1, 2, and 3).
Android 4.0 or later versions Android Browser Supported Unsupported

_________________________________________________________

Enjoy!

Regards

Twitter | Technet Profile | LinkedIn

Advertisements
  1. Peter van Dam
    November 1, 2012 at 11:18

Hi, am I the only one who wonders why the Android Smart phone *is* supported, but the Android Tablet is *not* supported?

From my point of view there is little to no difference between the Android O/s on, let’s say the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Samsung Tab 10.1.

Or am I missing something here?

• November 1, 2012 at 18:00

Hi.
      I saw that, good question is all I can say. I don’t have an answer for you, it would have to be someone more ‘Android’ than me to answer that one.
      But if it truly is the same exact browser on the same OS…then I can’t see what difference it makes. But one way to look at it is, if it works, it works…
      If you need support from Microsoft, use a Android phone to replicate the problem.
      Regards // Thoams

2. Emanuele
    March 17, 2014 at 09:35

Hello, there is a way to make sharepoint 2013 run correctly with IE6?

• March 17, 2014 at 09:44

Hi.
      Not that I know of…there are a lot of standards used in 2013 that are not supported by IE6, like HTML and CSS standards.
      (I assume there are some special reasons why IE6 is still in use…)

Good luck
      Regards
      // Thomas

• Emanuele
        March 17, 2014 at 09:59

I agree with you about the reason to use other web browser. Unfortunately my customer has many desk with IE6. Probably they can’t upgrade the version because they have old software that can have problems with recent browsers versions.
        I think that there is not a workaround to make sharepoint run correctly with internet explorer 6.
        Thanks for the support

3. Jennifer
    September 3, 2014 at 20:00

Does anyone know if SharePoint 2013 is compatible with Adobe Acrobat Standard X, or do I need to buy XI?

• September 3, 2014 at 20:20

Hi Jennifer.

If you mean Acrobat Reader, then SharePoint as such does not care…:-)
      You can get better ‘integration’ with a web application setting, browser file handling something…

// Thomas